SEE – July 16th: Bedrooms might be the most important place one’s apartment. Most people want their bedroom to be a relaxing space that’s easy to fall asleep in, but that’s no reason for it to be boring. A bedroom can be every bit as stylish and daring as any other room while still providing a functional and calming atmosphere.
Houzz.com experts provide below ways to add some drama and designer details to a bedroom.
- Double-duty desk. If you have space in your bedroom for a large nightstand, you might have enough room for a desk instead. A lamp on top of the desk can be turned on and off while lying in bed or sitting at the desk. The desk drawers provide extra storage that can also be accessed from bed.
- Architecture highlighted with paint. Many bedrooms are on the top floor of a home, where the lines of the roof might dictate the shape of the ceiling and walls. Play up these interesting architecturallines with different paint colors.
- Creative storage. Designers in Stockholm made the most of every inch in the room by adding a custom storage unit to the wall. The unit creates an alcove above the bed and features under cabinet lighting.
- Newsworthy wall treatment.If you’re looking for a creative wallpaper idea, try a new idea. Designer glued old newspapers to the wall behind the bed to create a one-of-a-kind wallpaper treatment.
- Hidden desk.A wall of floor-to-ceiling storage makes great use of the space in a bedroom. The center doors slide open to reveal two rows of floating shelves and a desk affixed over an old fireplace cavity.
- Repeating patterns. Taking a pattern or shape and repeating it in a room is a classic way to create a cohesive look.