“SEE” is introducing its readers in this section; “Saturday’s Diet”; some weekly tips on healthy life style, as analyzed by Dr. Hisham El Amry, Professor of nutrition, member at the American Society of Nutrition, member at Egyptian British Society for the Study of Obesity Diseases. He holds a General Diploma in Sports Nutrition from the American Society of Health.
Toadys’s tip is on food and beverages that improves concentration.
- Meat and its derivatives:
- The body needs meat, especially red meat as it contains special ingredients that improve memory.
- Bovine liver and chicken liver contain antioxidants, vitamins A, E and B as well as iron and zinc.
- Eggs contain antioxidants, where the yolk is the nutrient-bearing portion containing large amount of vitamin (B 12), folic acid, iron and zinc minerals.
- Dairy products and their derivatives also contain vitamin B12 as well as calcium.
- Fish such as salmon, mackerel and tuna as well as shrimp and crab, contain vitamin E and zinc, phosphorus and lodine minerals and supply omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cabbage which increases the concentration.
- Green Molokhia is known to increase concentration and improve memory.
- Broccoli contains vitamin K to enhance and improve mental abilities.
- Spinach contains antioxidant, vitamin B6 and folic acid.
- Onion, which is useful when studying.
- Carrot strengthens memory because they are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the liver.
- Lemon increases the energy of the body and thus increases the absorption of vitamin C.
- Tomatoes which also contain vitamin C.
Dr. Hisham El Amry
- Cereals and nuts:
Cereals and nuts strengthen nerves and increase attention.
- Lentils and beans for containing selenium, antioxidant, folic acid and iron.
- Almonds, peanuts contain vitamin E and Cholin which strengthens memory and has the ability to reduce Alzheimer for the antioxidants it contains.
- Wheat and whole grains contain vitamin E, antioxidant and vitamin (B 12).
- Flaxseed is one of the richest food sources in Omega 3.
- Pineapple contains the necessary vitamin C as well as manganese.
- Watermelon contains vitamin C and vitamin (B 12).
- Strawberries and Bananas contain vitamin C and vitamin B6 and potassium.
- Avocado is a useful for memory and helps to quickly memorize.
II – Beverages
- Banana with milk added