– What prevented the previous convocation of the England team to achieve success?
“There has always been a very high pressure over us. We have been waiting for too much, including the British media. They pushed the situation, they waited for victory. The team was difficult to cope with such a press.
– What now?
– Now the chances of our team for success are higher. Just because from this team nothing is expected. Excessive expectations are absent. Therefore, the chances of a successful performance are increasing. When you are not burdened with responsibility, playing and enjoying the process is easier. I hope, players will be able to catch the buzz from the game.
– You played in the Premier League when several Russians performed there. Who do you remember?
– Certainly Arshavin. Wonderful player! His three seasons in the Arsenal were excellent, against him it was difficult to play. Without options, I’ll call Andrew.
– What do you think about the Russian team?
– The group is very difficult. Egypt has Salah. But Russain team will help the home stands. I think that Russia and Egypt will come from the group.
– How to contain Salah?
– The main thing is not to do it as Sergio Ramos did. He spent an outstanding season, during the year showed great football. He was the best in England, and it’s very cool. We must not let him take the ball, meet hard. I would have kicked him right away (laughs) .
– Here, in Kaliningrad, England and Belgium will play. Your forecast?
– 2: 1 – the victory of England. Kane and Sterling will score, and Belgium – Azar.